Dr. Harvey Katz
Dr. Harvey KatzNew York City foot specialist Dr. Harvey Katz (Podiatric Medicine & Surgery) is a Board Certified Podiatrist and Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Orthopedics.
Dr. Katz received his Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Sciences from the State University of New York Stony Brook. He then completed his Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine at the New York College of Podiatric Medicine. He continued his post graduate training there, specializing in podiatric medicine and surgery.
Dr. Katz is board certified by the American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics and Podiatric Primary Medicine. He is the assistant director of podiatry at Mercy Medical Center and a member in good standing with the American Podiatric Medical Association. Dr. Katz also continues to treat competitive athletes by specializing in sports medicine and podiatric surgery. With over 30 years experience, Dr. Katz has been a leader as a surgeon in reconstructive and corrective surgery.Affiliations:
- Board of Directors at Gramercy Surgery Center
- Consultant at Hudson Valley Rehabilitation and Extended Care Center
- Downtown Alliance Group
- Nassau County Medical Reserve Corps
- Co-Director, Department of Podiatry at Mercy Medical Center
- Diplomate, American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics and Podiatric Primary Medicine
- Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Orthopedics
- New York State Podiatric Medical Association
- American Podiatric Medical Association
Dr. Barry Katzman
Dr. Barry Katzman
As a podiatrist, Dr. Barry Katzman specializes in diagnosing and treating disorders of the foot, ankle, and lower leg. Podiatrists have expertise in orthopedics, radiography, sports medicine, dermatology, and surgery. Dr. Katzman is often consulted for plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, diabetic foot care, arthritic foot care, wound healing, ankle injuries, bunions, hammertoes, calluses, corns, neuromas, running and general sports-related injuries, orthotics, and toe deformities.
- The American University, Washington, D.C. B.S., 1977
- New York University, New York City, NY. GSAS, 1977-1978
- New York College of Podiatric Medicine, New York City, NY. D.P.M., 1983
- New York College of Podiatric Medicine. Preceptorship, 1983-1984
- Diplomate, American Board of Podiatric Orthopedics and Podiatric Medicine
- Board Certification in Podiatric Orthopedics, 1993
Dr. Dolma Magar
Dr. Dolma Magar
Dr. Dolma Magar is a board certified podiatrist who graduated summa cum laude from St. Francis College in Brooklyn with majors in Biology and minors in Chemistry. Upon graduation, she attended the New York College of Podiatric Medicine, one of the oldest and most respected colleges in this field. Her post doctoral training was completed at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center in Brooklyn where she was a chief resident. She is trained for treatment of any kind of foot and ankle disorders and she never fails to make her patients feel better and happy.
Dr. Magar has always been intrigued by the underappreciated things in life. This is one of the reasons why she chose the field of podiatry as she feels that our feet are one of the most neglected parts of our body. She is especially interested in sports medicine, foot and ankle surgeries with deformity corrections such as bunion, hammertoes, and foot reconstructions. Dr. Magar finds immense satisfaction and pride in being able to cure/alleviate pain from people who are in discomfort when they initially come to see her. In her spare time, she likes to travel and spend time with her family. She is an avid hiker and considers Mt. Rainier, Washington as her toughest challenge yet. One day, she hopes to trek to Everest Base Camp.